Questions and Answers
We have provided a large section of popular questions and answers below.
These are questions often asked during conversations with us by those interested in pursuing a career as a hypnotherapist. We hope we have covered most of your questions. If you have another question please get in touch with our support via the contact link above.
1. Who is the Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy suitable for: The Certificate is a starting off point for those who want to begin a career as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. The course delivers a comprehensive basic level of understanding and is designed to get you started practising with clients.
2. Who is generally suited to the Hypnotherapy courses: The Online video courses offered on the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub (HLH) are suited to any mature person of stable mental health. There are no prerequisites before you commence any of the Certificate or Diploma training courses on the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub. Perhaps you have felt a Soul calling to be of service to others working in the field of hypnotherapy and want to incorporate your spiritual beliefs but just haven’t found the right course yet, or you may already be an alternative therapist wanting to add a new set of skills to your existing modalities. Whatever your background we have a course to suit you.
3. Who is it (the training) not suitable for:
(a) Those that have major criminal convictions or have served time in prison. Working in the hypnotherapy profession requires a police check for association membership and practitioner insurance.
(b) Anyone who suffers severe mental health problems or who are under the care of a psychiatrist. Students who enrol on any training course run by Hypnotherapy Learning Hub have to truthfully agree to the terms and conditions applicable to each course. These terms and conditions reference mental heath status and if problems occur and the student is deemed unsuitable to continue the course then the student may be removed from the course.
4. Who enrols in your courses: People from all walks of life and educational backgrounds such as Stay at home mums returning to work, Factory workers, Tradespeople, Medical doctors, Dentists, Psychologists, Counsellors, Nurses, Accountants, Alternative health practitioners, and more.
5. Whilst learning online how much of the training is practice: A substantial part of the training involves experiential practice. You need to do this in order to feel confident and able to place a person into a rapid and deep level of hypnosis after all if you can’t do this you can’t really call yourself a hypnotist. With the online video training you can stop at any stage to practice the techniques you have been taught. As we are not there to personally supervise you, it is up to you how much you practice, but as the old saying goes practice makes perfect.
6. Do the trainers hypnotise the students. Not just relax them (relaxotherapy), but really hypnotise them. I’ve heard there is a difference: Yes, as you will see in the videos our trainers do use students for demonstration purposes to show the effectiveness of true depth of hypnosis. It’s truly a worry how many hypnotherapy trainers Can’t or Won’t demonstrate the skills and expertise required to induce true hypnosis or an effective instant or rapid induction. This really doesn’t show much hypnotic expertise so generally, their training may create only average hypnotists. That’s fine if that’s what you aspire to be.
7. Who are the Trainers and what is their clinical experience: Lorna and John Jackson, are Clinical Hypnotherapists / Psychotherapists, they have been running their busy clinics in South-East Queensland both in Brisbane and the Gold Coast since 2003 – current.
8. What are the Trainers qualifications:
(a) Therapeutic Hypnotists, Hypnosis Trainers, Psychotherapists, Regression Specialists, Stop Smoking and Weight Loss Specialists, Public Speakers, Authors.
(b) Dip Hypnosis, Dip Adv Hypnosis, Dip Ego State Therapy, Dip Resource Therapy, Advanced Clinical RT Therapists & Trainers. Lead trainers at Clinical Hypnotherapy Training and the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub.
9. Do the trainers hold a teaching qualification: They have achieved 15 years’ experience as trainers running their recognised training courses both in Australia and internationally. Over these years they have lectured to many and trained hundreds of students many of whom have gone on to work successfully in the professions of hypnotherapy and regression therapy this stands as a testament to their no-nonsense training ability. They successfully impart their many years of real-world knowledge, experience and life skills concisely, free of psychobabble.
10.What are the trainer’s personality types: Open, Real, Approachable, Ethical, Grounded.
11. Do the your online Clinical Hypnotherapy courses align with Professional association OR government accreditation: The Hypnotherapy Learning Hub and Real Hypnosis PTY LTD do not provide accreditation. Generally wherever you are in the world if Government or professional accreditation for hypnotherapy courses exists you will pay an extremely high price for the wording “accreditation”. This is because “Govt/Professional Accredited Training” is usually expensive and very theoretical. This theory is often taught by trainers with little to no practical experience in running a hypnotherapy practice.
Lorna and John teach Professionally recognised hypnotherapy. The Hypnotherapy Learning Hub and Real Hypnosis Training PTY LTD have decided that it currently wants to remain outside of the current main stream regulating bodies until the profession begins to align itself on an ethical basis. This does not mean that the courses offered here on the HLH are subpar. To the contrary, they are designed to meet the current professional standards. Our Hypnotherapy Courses are recognised by the International Association of Therapists (IAOTH) and our Spiritual Regression Courses are recognised by the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) and IAOTH.
12. Upon graduation is there any ongoing aftercare provided, for example, further training, or mentoring: There are the online videos to reference, and ongoing monthly Zoom group mentoring sessions to answer your questions.
13. What is the quality of Qualifications gained during the training: We consider the training provided in all our online clinical hypnotherapy and spiritual regression courses to meet the quality needed for the qualification received, and is of a professional industry standard.
14. What is the Curriculum or Syllabus taught: The extensive Syllabus is outlined on the various course pages on the website.
15. Do you teach other modalities, and if you do, their uses and what styles do you combine for example, eclectic or cognitive: Yes we do teach other modalities during our courses these are either our own as in Personality Integration Process which combines a balanced mixture of both eclectic, cognitive styles. We also explore the use of other modalities during the training, which types to use and when to use them to overcome various issues presented by clients.
16. What is the course structure and how is it organised: Having run many training courses over many years the course structure is designed to suit a broad range of people from all backgrounds, academic achievement and is organised for all learning styles whether they be visual, audio, or practical – hands-on (kinesthetic).
17. Do your courses offer a balance of theory and practice: An excellent balance of both theory and practice is included in our courses.
18. Is there any practice with public included: We don’t suggest that you go into public places to work with the public (street hypnosis) if you do this, it is entirely your own responsibility.
19. Do you supply course manuals: Extensive course manuals are included in all training courses as is detailed written knowledge of all therapies.
20. How much homework is involved, what is the quality of homework expected: Homework is a the reading of the manuals and scripting. There are also quizzes in the pre certificate component of the Clinical, Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy – Psychotherapy. These quizzes are to help you become familiar with hypnotherapy and its terminology. Whilst some students don’t like the idea of having to complete homework, it does help each student to further develop their knowledge and confidence. Completing homework tasks shows your determination to succeed and your ability to work independently, qualities you must have to work and become a success in the profession of hypnotherapy.
21. Do you provide live face to face supervision / mentoring: Yes we do provide ongoing mentoring via monthly Zoom group supervision sessions where you can ask the trainers questions and meet other students. Any other questions you may have outside these monthly sessions can be asked via our private Facebook Community Page.
22. How many video lessons are in each of the hypnotherapy video courses: 88 video lessons for the Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy, 155 video lessons for the Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy – Psychotherapy and 191 video lessons for the Advanced Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy – Psychotherapy.
23. What is the training frequency of your courses: All of our courses are available 24/7 – 365 days of the year, except at times of website maintenance.
24. What is the overall cost of your courses: Please see the website for all current prices.
25. Where are your courses run: All courses are available on the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub. We also have live 4 day spiritual regression classes run by our official trainers in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bali and the USA.
26. Is my money paid to you safe in the event of my training course being cancelled or deleted: All payments are safely accounted for and the company Real Hypnosis Training PTE LTD, employ an independent certified accountant, file all due documentation and are fully solvent. In the case of our independent official trainers running their events they each have their own terms and conditions. Please visit their websites for details.
27. What happens if I am sick or miss days of the course: That’s the great thing about doing your training via online video lessons. No having to worry if you will miss out on your Diploma or Certificate. If you fall sick at any stage you can just simply pick up where you left off. If you have forgotten anything you can simply go over the previous watched lessons for a refresher. In the case of our independent official trainers running their events, they each have their own terms and conditions. Please visit their websites for details.
28. Do you have other marketing materials you can send out: No, What is displayed on the hypnotherapylearninghub.com along with the downloadable brochure constitutes all the written information provided before you enrol on any of the courses. We try to make sure that the information available is informative, helpful, easy to read and able to be understood by a broad range of people. We do our utmost best not to make any wild claims about our courses or exaggerate outcomes of therapies taught or of the resolution of client issues.
29. After I finish my training with the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub / Clinical Hypnotherapy Training what issues will I be qualified to work with: Those completing the Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy will be able to work on a basic level assisting clients. Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy – Psychotherapy Students will be able to assist their clients with many issues including the more complex, these are outlined in the Syllabus. Using the eclectic styles of therapies taught they will be able to blend these to assist in resolving a varied range of client issues presented.
30. Do I receive a Certificate at the end of the Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy or Diplomat courses: Yes, all persons completing the Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy or Diploma course will be issued with a Certificate at the end of the Course.
31. Do I receive my Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy – Psychotherapy on completion of the training course: Yes, After you complete the final module you then have access to your Diploma.
32. Do I receive my Certificate of Soul Regression Therapy after completing the Soul regression Training: Yes at the completion of the training course you receive a Certificate of Soul Regression Therapy you can then display this on your wall.
33. Where were the training courses on the HLH originally held: The courses were held in Australia at various locations in Melbourne, Sydney, and the Gold Coast Australia.
34. Following completion of the courses can I begin practicing and am I able to obtain professional practice insurance: The Hypnotherapy Learning Hub course structure is designed assist you to become a competent practicing Hypnotherapist and as much as we would like to assist you in every way possible this is impractical on a global scale. Throughout the world each Country and State, Territory etc whether they be Federal or Commonwealth has their owns laws and regulations in regards to the practice of Hypnotherapy. It is your responsibility to look into and determine if you are able to practice Hypnotherapy in the location you reside in. Our suggestion would be to research other Hypnotherapists that are practicing also to research your Country or State Laws regarding the practice of Hypnotherapy
35. Do you offer payment plans: Unfortunately we do not have a payment program for any of our online courses on the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub. Nor do we refer to any 3rd party lenders as we feel this is unethical.
As the fees are not large for any of our advertised courses we would suggest that perhaps by arranging a small loan from your bank or lending institution, this would enable you to have your own custom lending and repayment solution.
36. Is the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub aligned with any Governing Bodies: No as there is no governing body. Most official looking governing bodies within the Hypnotherapy profession are just self-regulating professional membership organisations. This is the why Hypnotherapy Learning Hub currently does not align with any governing body. Graduates can approach any relevant appointed governing bodies they desire to join and apply for their own membership. Our Clinical Hypnotherapy courses are recognised by IAOTh (International Association of Therapists) and our Face to face, in classroom, 4 Day Soul Regression Therapy training is recognised by both IICT (International Institute of Complimentary Therapists) and IOATh.
37. Is there any Face to Face training involved with the course on the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub: The 4 Day Soul Regression Therapy course that is run in a live classroom environment is the only live, face to face, in classroom training offered by the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub. All other online courses have no face to face or live components (other than the free monthly Zoom Mentoring). You can study whenever you want to 24/7. All student can access the ongoing monthly Zoom Group mentoring sessions held the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub founders John and Lorna Jackson.
38. Are the online lessons downloadable: No the online lessons are not downloadable. They are accessed online via the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub portal. With the world rapidly becoming more extensively connected via the internet you will be able to access the Hypnotherapy Learning Hub from almost anywhere in the world where you have a decent level of internet available. Your course lessons are there online for you to access and work through when you want to and will be available in the future when you want to review them.
39. Is there a time limit on how long I have access to my courses. No, at this present time there is no time limit set on the access to your courses.
40. I need further information on the 4 – Day in class Soul Regression Therapy Training Course. Please contact the individual trainer of the 4 Day live classroom course you are interested in they will be able to answer any questions you may have. To contact one of our Soul Regression Therapy Trainers Click Here